Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Being thankful

Thanksgiving is the time when everyone thinks about what they are thankful for. I'd like to believe that I think about it all the time, but it does really kick into overdrive this time of year. I've been really bitchy and annoying to Cavan lately and was in the process of figuring out some shit that was going on about our relationship in my head.

I think I actually had a hard time focusing this Thanksgiving on what I am thankful for. My head was so full of stress and worry about all of the change that is happening and everything else on my plate that I didn't stop to think about how blessed I am to be able to move to a better spot and have some time off for the holiday. Or hoe thankful I am to have a partner that puts me above everything else in his life. A kitty that I love and that greets me each morning and evening with purrs. A family that loves me at home and always is happy to talk to me and hear from me no matter what they're in the middle of. Another family in the Gahagans. People that I can feel comfortable with and people that will always have my back. It seems like I'm a lot more comfortable about my financial situation this year and am able to get people gifts that actually demonstrate how much I love and care about them.

I'm tired. I'm not feeling well. I'm kind of sick of this job.

But I'm thankful to have it and all of the other things I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment