Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How did we get here?

I just got back from a wonderful visit with Zuri. Though she and I didn't really connect until second semester of senior year, we have a lot in common. I see that more each tome we sit down and talk. She can be so wise, and sometimes that's what you really need in a friend.

One thing she said tonight will stick with me during the hard times. "We all just need to be a peace with ourselves" and each simple aspect in our lives to really create peace in a broader context. I think that's something I've been getting at since I moved back to Minnesota, but sometimes I just get stuck. Sometimes I get stuck in the 'what I should be doing with my life' instead of focusing on what I am doing with my life.

And you know what? I am doing some really wonderful things.

I am preparing myself to become the person I've always been meant to become--and I'm going to do it right this time. I'm sharing my life with a partner that I couldn't have dreamed up if I tried. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by beautiful and intelligent women that I can call friends.

I should be happy all of the time. I should work harder to be at peace with myself and my life.

That's my task for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment